Google+

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wordweb, a tiny but utmost helpful offline dictionary [a must have]


Either you may be a wordsmith or enthusiastic English language learner it’s always difficult to go and search for meaning /usage of difficult word in physical dictionary. If you are a lazy person like me who hates to open heavy dictionary & go through around many pages to find an unknown word what it would up to, then it would be perfect companion to you.

One of my friends, told me about this amazing tiny piece of software. I am very much impressed with the capabilities of it. Let me tell you how useful it is.

  • If you encounter any new/unknown word just hit control + right click on that.  It opens-up Wordweb GUI & shows you meaning of the word along with usage details.
  • You can also hear pronunciation of the word.
  • One of the great features of the program is, it even attempts to find meaning of a word from a picture too. Do you think I am lying to you? Just see the below screen shot. I tried it on ship picture.
  • From within pdf file also it can work – just hold control and hit mouse right click.
  • It is a good thesaurus tool.
  • It displays phonetic pronunciation as well. Download from here.
    Wordweb from cnet
    Worweb from MajorGeeks
     

No comments:

Post a Comment